Making your club the best it can be – isn't that why you put your name forward for your Club Committee? Being elected to a clubs committee is an important and responsible position to hold. Clubs New Zealand has developed ClubSmart as a means for club executives to discuss their roles as committee members and understand their club better. In this way they will be able to apply their skills and knowledge to move their club forward in the future.
Who is it for? Club Executive and Committees
What does it cover?
- understanding your clubs makeup - not just a club but a business; not-for-profit organisation; incorporated or friendly society
- committee duties and responsibilities
- executive and committee liabilities
- compliance - gaming, harm minimisation, sale of alcohol and all relevant legislation
- membership issues
- financial reporting
- employment issues
- principals of risk management
How long is it? A single two hour seminar. It can be run in-house for your whole committee or jointly with other clubs in your area.
Dates and Venue: Training usually takes place on club premises and can be organised at a time and date to suit you.
Cost: Free to Clubs New Zealand members.
Who is delivered by? Clubs New Zealand