The Gambling (Harm Prevention and Minimisation) Regulations 2004 and Racing (Harm Prevention and Minimisation) Regulations 2004, require that all class 4 gambling and TAB venues have a staff member available who has had problem gambling awareness training at all times when Class 4 or TAB gambling is available.
As part of our commitment to host responsibility Clubs New Zealand has teamed up with ServiceIQ to develop the Being a Responsible Gambling Host Training Course.
Clubs New Zealand recommend that all club Duty Managers complete the Being a Responsible Gambling Host Training Course, as well as all staff that are involved with either Class 4 gambling or the TAB.
Cost: $20.00 per person for Clubs New Zealand Members. $25.00 per person non Clubs New Zealand Members.
What does it cover? The brief course is designed to meet the problem gambling awareness requirements of both the gambling and the racing regulations. These require venues to ensure there is always a trained person available on the premises whenever gambling is available.
Venues that do not follow the rules risk letting down their guests, and also face fines for breaching the gambling rules.
The broad-ranging course covers the different host responsibility requirements for venues with pokies and TAB outlets, and gives practical advice on talking to people about their gambling activities.
- gambling awareness
- minimising harm in gambling (including identifying problem gamblers)
- approaching a problem gambler
- problem gambling services
- responsible hosting
How long is it? The training is online and self-paced. It can be completed within an hour or spread over a longer period.
When can it be done? The training can be done at any time that suits.
Certificate: Participants receive a certificate once they complete the programme.
- You will receive a confirmation email and invoice from Clubs New Zealand.
- The registrations are sent to ServiceIQ and processed on a Weekly Basis.
- ServiceIQ will load the learners onto the ServiceIQSkillsOnline platform and assign the selected courses to each learner account.
- Once the courses are assigned Clubs New Zealand will email you with the login details for each staff member so that they can complete the training.